Before explaining how to book IRCTC retiring rooms, I am going to explain what is retiring room.
The retiring room is a room that is available inside the railway stations across India. IRCTC introduced this facility for the convenience passenger. Many people are not aware of this facility and they don’t know how to book retiring room It is very simple to book retiring rooms if you have a confirmed train ticket with the valid PNR number. If you don’t have confirmed ticket, then you cannot allow to book retiring rooms. If you don’t know how to book IRCTC retiring room then don’t worry here we mentioned step by step procedure to do the same :
* Visit IRCTC official website and log in to your account
* Then click on accommodation, where you will find an option of Railways Retiring Rooms
* Click on railways retiring rooms
* Then your PNR number and then click on the Submit button
* If you want to book retiring room at origin station then click on ‘Book on Source‘
* If you want to book retiring room at destination station then click on ‘ Book on destination ‘.
* Then enter all the required information like check in/check Out date, type of room like AC or Non AC.
* If your account does not show any reservation station then click on Book on Source or Book on destination accordingly.
* Then check seat availability.
* If rooms are available then select room number and slot duration.
* After that one new page will open on your screen, then click on proceed button
* Then take a print out the receipt and carry it while traveling in the train
For How Long you Can Book IRCTC Retiring Room?
A passenger can book a retiring room only for 24 hours to 48 hours. Passengers are not allowed to book a retiring room for more than 24 or 48 hours.
If the passenger cancels their booking of retiring rooms before 48 hours of the day of occupation than 10% amount of the total amount will be deducted.
If a passenger cancels retiring room in before 12 hours of the day of occupation then 50% amount will be deducted from the actual amount.
If a passenger cancels the retiring room booking on the same day of occupation than 100 % amount will be deducted.
* Cancellation is done only room wise not passenger wise.
* If a passenger has booked many rooms then cancel some room booking than cancellation rule 1, 2 and 3 will be applicable.
In IRCTC, there is a different type of retiring rooms are available so that travelers can choose them according to their requirements. The categories of rooms are:
IRCTC has designed some rules for an occupation of retiring rooms. Here we mentioned some rules for room accommodations:
* A single passenger can book one single bedroom or one double bedroom or one bed in a dormitory. In the dormitory, there is a common washroom and travelers have to share it.
* Two passengers can book one room with double bed or two beds in Dormitory.
* Three passengers can book one double bedroom and one single bedroom. They can also book three rooms in dormitory
* Four passengers can book two double bedrooms or four beds in dormitory
According to the number of passengers, you can book a number of rooms but remember always book retiring rooms when you’re required it.
If passenger has book retiring rooms in single transaction for more than twenty-four hours in slots,24+12, 12+24 and 24+24 then 2nd slot as extension of booking of 1st slot and twenty-five percent extra tariff of the second slot is being charged i.e.
|S.No||No. of Hours||Proposed Charges in INR|
|1||Up to 3||25|
|9||After 24 hrs As per above|
Duration of 12 hrs from 21 hrs to 09 hrs called as Principal Block. In these hours passengers cannot book retiring rooms for hourly basis.
Note: – Passenger having confirmed train ticket can book a room for few hours in Principal Block only if the principal block gets checked out before the scheduled checks out time.
IRCTC charged 12.36% service tax for one retiring room. This charge is kept changing according to the yearly budget of the country. If passenger booked retiring rooms Up to 24 hours than they have to pay Rs. 20 for service charge. If passenger book retiring room for 24 hours to 48 hours than they have to pay Rs. 40 as a service tax charged. For dormitory bed, passengers have to pay Rs. 10 for Up to 24 hours and Rs. 20 for 24 hours to 48 hours.
* You can not book retiring room when their ticket is on a waiting list. You can book these rooms for if your ticket is confirmed or RAC
* Retiring room cannot be transferred to the family members just like railways ticket nor you can change the name later.
* If you booked a retiring room online then you can not cancel it at retiring room counter. If you want to cancel your room booking you have to log in your IRCTC account and cancel your ticket from there. But in a case of any technical issue in the IRCTC tourism website and you are not able to cancel your room from online then you can cancel room from the retiring room counter.
* The cancellation of a retiring room is only possible before check-in, after entering the room, a passenger can not cancel the booking.
* While check in the room id proof required for passenger identification
* You can book retiring room per PNR number. In case, if 5 passengers are allowed in one PNR number then they can book 5 beds.
* In IRCTC retiring rooms, you are not allowed to drink alcohol or any other narcotic products.
* If you booked a retiring room for 12 hours but left in 3 hours then no refund will give to you.
* passengers are not allowed to carry a gun and other weapons while check-in retiring room.
We put all the necessary information in this article related to retiring rooms. If you still found and query then you can contact “May I Help You Booth” which is situated at the stations or Station Manager. They will surely solve your problems related to room cancellation. Here we mention contact details of retiring room department:
Email ID: email@example.com
Phone No: 1800110139 You can call/mail them between 10 AM to 6 PM