Indian Railway has recently introduced a Rail SAARTHI mobile app to integrate all mobile applications on one platform, to achieve various passenger requirements. While there are many applications that the railways have launched in the past but this app is an integrated one, which provides users a single window. For better customer experience, there was a need to integrate all railway app services in the single application.The Rail Saarthi App provides the features such as compliant facility, safety for women, the suggestion for improvement etc.
At present Indian Railways has various apps for different functions:
1. IRCTC Tourism for booking different packages.
2. IRCTC Rail Connect- train ticket booking
3. IRCTC Air – air ticket booking
4. IRCTC Food for meal booking.
5. Coach Mitra
6. COMS – complaint management.
7. For Passenger inquiry system- NTES
8. UTS-unreserved ticketing
Rail saarthi app has been developed by the Centre Of Railway Information Systems. Previously, a user has to download a particular app for using different services. Keeping this thing in mind Indian Railway trying to provide a better experience to the customers.
Following facilities are being provided on the Rail saarthi app:
1. Inquiry System: Seat Availability, Train Running Status, Fare Enquiry, PNR inquiry etc.
2. Train Ticketing: reserved and unreserved ticketing can be done using this app.
3. Other Services: Air Ticket Booking, tour booking, food on track and book retiring room.
4. Complaints and suggestions, feedback, coach Mitra, clean my coach.
Now, there will be no need to download multiple railway apps as the new saarthi app will allow them to perform various functions one can use this app after successful login through IRCTC Login Page or through app login. Recently, according to the latest update, Indian Railway declared lower berth in a 3AC coach will be reserved for physically challenged people and the middle for the individual accompanying them.