IRCTC stands for Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, it is a government website where you can find out all the information related to Indian railway. Here you can book your railway ticket, cancel your tickets, known your PNR status, ticket history; refund status, Tatkal ticket etc. In this page, you can get all the details of IRCTC login and IRCTC Registration that will help you to create IRCTC new account, features of IRCTC and how you can use all features of Indian Railway easily.
IRCTC handles all the tasks related to Indian railways whether it is of tickets booking or catering purpose. Here we introduce you to the official website of IRCTC and how it looks like (shown below).
With the evolution of new technology, means of transport has been constantly growing up and changing. Transportation plays an important role in the economic growth of any country. Though India is a developing country but Indian railways has one of the world’s largest railway networks including 119,630 kilometres of total track. According to a report, Indian Railways run around 13,313 passenger trains daily. Previously railway stations are only available in big cities but now every state has railway stations in their villages to facilitate their villagers.
Here we mentioned procedure how to access IRCTC official website:
For using this website one should have an internet connection on their phone or in laptop/PC.
Then type www.irctc.co.in on your web browser. It will directly take you towards your IRCTC Home Page. You can also type IRCTC login page on search engine and click on official IRCTC website.
Documents Required for IRCTC Registration:
IRCTC is a government website which was designed by Railway department of India to serve Indian citizens. From many years Indian citizens are using this website for online ticket booking and ticket cancellation. This is the easiest way to book your tickets online. Now you don’t need to stand in long queues for ticket booking. IRCTC web portal not only saves your time but also save your energy that you were a waste while standing on queues. It is very simple to book railway ticket online in, here we mentioned some simple steps to book online tickets in IRCTC web portal. For creating IRCTC account you must need following documents, without these documents you won’t be able to create new IRCTC account.
List of required documents For IRCTC Registration:
- For registering into IRCTC, you must have an account in following sites like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or other websites.
- Aadhar card number
- Pan Card number
- Date of Birth
- Gmail ID
- Contact Number
An e-mail account is very important for the registration in IRCTC because when you enter the username and password than one link will be sent to your registered email account. So it is necessary to create an E-mail account and remember its user Login Id and password.
How to Register in IRCTC / IRCTC Registration Process:
- First of all, Visit IRCTC official website and find “Sign up” Button Center of the Page (shown image below.)
- After clicking on Sign up button, you will be landed to ‘Individual Registration’ Page for IRCTC Registration.
First come ‘Individual Registration‘ section
- Here you have to enter required details as User ID, Password and then again re-enter your password for confirmation.
- If you forget or don’t remember your password then you can use Security Question options, so they will identify you with this information.
- Need to select security questions (Choose 1 question as preferable by you) and type you answer
- Select your preferred language as English or Hindi, whichever convenient to you.
Second comes to “Personal Details” section, here required personal information.
- Enter your First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name (Surname)
- After that select your gender as Female or Male, Marital Status, Date Of Birth in a given format and then select your occupation
- Then enter your Aadhaar Card Number (Optional), PAN Card Number (Optional), Email address, Mobile number and Nationality
Last comes “Residential Address” Section, here required address information
- Enter your correct address with flat/door/block No., country, pin code, state, and city/town, post office and phone number.
- If your office and Residence Address are same then Copy Residence to office Address else write office address separately.
- Enter Captcha code shown image there (if image is not proper you can refresh to get new)
Note: “Captcha letters are case sensitive and to be entered in Upper Case only “
- Then click on Submit Registration Form
- After clicking on “Submit Registration Form>>>” button, one link will be sent to your registered Email ID for activating your account
- Only after clicking on the given link your account will get activated otherwise it will not get activate.
- In case you have submitted wrong Email Id then you has to again create new IRCTC Account, therefore, enter all the details carefully.
- After the successful activation of your account, you can log in to IRCTC website to book your railway tickets easily. IRCTC Login Process shown below
It is very easy to book online railway ticket but in case you find any difficulties than don’t worry. Guidelines are provided there so that user can book ticket easily.
IRCTC Login / IRCTC Sign in Process:
If you have an existing IRCTC account then simply click on Login button. Here we mentioned step by step procedure to login IRCTC account.
- First of all, Go to the Official IRCTC login page.
- Then enter your User ID and Password.
- A new window will appear on your desktop screen
- Plan your travel – Enter cities name on From and To in the box.
- Enter the Date for which you want to book your ticket then enter ticket type and quota.
- Click on “Find Train“
- After clicking on button you will get the details of the trains that are available on your respective date.
- Then select the train according to your comfort
- Select Quota like general, physically handicapped, premium tatkal, ladies or tatkal.
- Then select class you want to travel for example sleeper class, 3AC, 2AC 1AC.
- After that, all the details of available seats will appear on your screen. If there are no seats are available on your respective date then it will provide you the other options to plan your journey on the same date.
- After that fill all the details of the passengers who will gonna travel.
- Don’t forget to keep your original ID -proof with you during your journey because it will be needed at the time of identification.
- Enter correct details of your id proof that you are carrying otherwise your railway tickets may get canceled during the time of travel.
IRCTC Mobile Ticket Booking:
Nowadays, with the help of Smartphone, we can do anything by simply swiping our finger on a mobile screen. Today online shopping is in trend, similar online ticket booking is also popular because it is very easy and convenience to book online ticket. For mobile ticket booking, first, you need to download IRCTC Mobile App and then create your account. Here we mentioned step by step procedure to create an account through a mobile phone.
- First of all, go to play store if you are using an android mobile phone or app store if you are using IOS or Windows and search IRCTC Mobile APP Official.
- Install IRCTC Application in your phone and click on Sign up, in case you don’t have your IRCTC Account.
- After Registration, enter your Login ID and Password for further processes.
How to Register in IRCTC Mobile App:
- Download the IRCTC Rail Connect App on your mobile phone.
- After downloading the Application, two options one of register and another is login will appear on your screen.
- If you have an existing IRCTC account then enter your Username and Password and click on login button.
- If you don’t have an IRCTC account then click on a registered button.
- After clicking on registered button, one form will appear on your screen
- Enter a Username and Password then re-enter your password for confirmation.
- Then enter your First Name, Middle Name, Last Name and Date of Birth in a given format
- Choose your gender and then enter your Mobile number and E-mail ID.
- One verification code will send to your registered mobile number and E-mail ID.
- Once you complete the verification process your are able to book your railway ticket through IRCTC Mobile App easily.
Now you have successfully registered to IRCTC. Now you can simply book your tickets online. In this article, we cover almost all the necessary information about IRCTC. Now you can easily book your Tatkal ticket on IRCTC. Still, if you have some query regarding how to create an account in IRCTC then visit the official site of IRCTC.
Be the First to comment.