The IRCTC site is a most useful site for ticket reservation in Indian railways. The railway’s department of India continuously adding new features to it so that people can book their train ticket comfortably. In E-ticket booking, you don’t need to show print-out of the E-ticket as E-ticket SMS is itself a proof of ticket booking. This is the best move towards paper saving. While booking E-ticket, we have to fill all in required information including mobile number and E-mail ID.
However, if you’ve changed your mobile number or E-mail ID, then you have to register your current number and mail ID in your IRCTC account to receive text message related to your booked ticket. In IRCTC online account, you have to update your personal details manually and if you don’t enter your mobile number then you will not allow booking your ticket online because OTP for confirmation is usually sent to the passenger’s registered mobile number.
In case, you have changed your number then it is very easily to update your number in IRCTC website. You can update your IRCTC account once in a month. For the update, you have to click on update profile link that appears in the user’s profile after 11 PM and before 7 AM.
* First login into your IRCTC account
* Then click on Update Profile option and under this option you will find user profile option
* Click on User Profile Option
* Then enter your mobile number and click on update button
* Then you will automatically log out
* After that you will receive a message “ You have successfully update your number” on your registered mobile number.
* when you gain login your IRCTC account, then you need to confirm you mobile number by entering OTP that you received on your registered mobile number.
* Login your IRCTC account
* Click on the Update profile link
* Then click on the User Profile Option
* Then enter your new Email Id and re-enter it for confirmation
* Click on update button
* After clicking on update button you will automatically log out.
* After that, you will receive a confirmation message “ Your E-mail Id is successfully Updated”
* When you again login your IRCTC account, then you have to enter the confirmation code that you will be received in your registered E-mail ID.
After modifying your mobile number, you will start receiving a text message after booking your ticket. In case you are not receiving SMS than register your complaint three hours before your journey.
All the above-mentioned process will help you to change your personal details in your IRCTC account. Must remember that you can only update your profile after 11 PM and before 7 PM. Other than this timing, you are not allowed to update your profile.